Why is E-Rate program good for your school?
The schools and libraries universal service support program, commonly known as the E-rate program, helps schools and libraries transform into 21st century learning centers. The FCC program offers eligible schools, school districts and libraries funding for telecommunications, telecommunications services and Internet access as well as internal connections, basic maintenance of internal connections, and managed internal broadband services. The discounts available can add up and are typically between 20 percent to 90 percent of the costs. Here are a few examples:
- E-Rate discounts reduce your school’s Internet and internal connections expenses.
- E-Rate discounts may be combined with California Teleconnect Fund discounts (CTF) for even more savings.
- E-Rate discounts make high-speed Internet and Wi-Fi bandwidth upgrades possible.
- E-Rate discounts can fund one-to-one digital learning initiatives.
- E-Rate funding for internal connection upgrades includes:
- LAN switches, wireless access points, caching services, and related technologies
- Basic maintenance of eligible hardware and software
- Managed services of internal connections
Want to learn more about the E-Rate program and how to apply? Click here and we will help you get started.
NEW – eRate October Luncheon. Join us and an eRate expert Greg Lowry for lunch. Every Tuesday and Thursday during October. Contact us for locations and details. Learn what’s new with eRate.