If you are questioning your school’s use of instructional technology or are struggling to develop a long-term technology plan, then you are a part of a larger network of schools grappling with the same predicament. You may be asking:
- Can I justify why these investments are essential to a 21st-century education?
- Are our faculty supported with instructional technology use?
- Are our students using technology in meaningful ways?
- Are our students using the most appropriate platform (tablets, laptops)?
- Are our students gaining technology skills at each grade level?
- Are we using cost-effective strategies to deploy and support devices?
- What should our three-year device strategy be?
While the answers to these questions may be unknown at the moment, recognizing their importance is a start. To respond to these questions, it will be imperative to conduct a school-wide evaluation. A comprehensive evaluation of this magnitude will demand personnel and resources not typically available and uncommitted in schools. Successful management of this type of evaluation could be unrealistic for many school communities.
Interested in an alternative?
Consider partnering with an outsourced team of instructional technology experts from Knowing Technologies. Our comprehensive Instructional Technology Evaluation is highly driven by the ISTE national standards and teachers’ lived experiences. It will amass the critical data needed to respond to the most pressing questions. In addition, the evaluation will result in a comprehensive written report that:
- Provides a framework for administrators to convey their expectations of technology use
- Gives faculty clear models to assess their use of technology
- Identifies specific professional development needs for a diverse faculty
- Provides students a voice around how technology is being utilized in their courses
- Offers a roadmap of actionable technology initiatives that can be part of a sound technology plan
Technology has undoubtedly found its place in today’s classrooms. Whether laptops or tablets, Google applications or Kahn Academy, powerful learning tools have transformed the educational climate for students, educators, administrators, and parents.
To learn more about this Instructional Technology Evaluation please contact…